Monday, March 9, 2015

V and A Waterfront Marina, Capetown, SA

I have been very lazy since my last post but will try to make up for some lost time here. We were unable to renew our South African visas when we came back from Namibia so we decided to go back to England on February 12th to celebrate my brother's 60th birthday and also to see the new baby. We could have gone back to Namibia but that would not have guaranteed us a full 90 days.
I had also intended to go back to the US for two days to get my annual stamp on my passport.
Well, the visit was very good. Even the weather wasn't too bad. We went to north London and I left all my travel documents at some US dollars at my brother's flat in a suitcase in a closet where I thought they would be safe and off we went to the New Forest for his birthday.
We had an excellent time with family and on Sunday we went to see the new baby. All well until a phone call on Sunday night informed us that my brother's flat had been burgled and all my travel documents were stolen. The Admiral had put hers in a jacket pocket and fortunately, these had been overlooked by the thieves.
So much for my plans to go to the US. I had to cancel that and spent my time getting a new passport in London and once obtained I went back to Capetown on the February 19th. The Admiral will stay until March 12 and help me to get ready for the Atlantic run back to the UK.
I have been a dental tourist and had some crowns made here in Capetown and have been doing boat chores, the weather has been mostly excellent.
I also spent some time with the Kilkea's who were busy getting their boat ready to leave for the West Indies with their crew, Ray and Brenda.
My old medical school friend, Martin and his wife Guida came to visit from London for a few days and we did the usual touristy things, Cape Point, Stellenbosch, Franschoek etc. again.
We had a very good time and I've been spending my days wandering about and binge watching Breaking Bad and not really doing much at all.
That is until on Sunday night, I had a major power surge on the dock and I'm having trouble with some of the AC systems on the boat. One of the air conditioners won't work and the watermaker is also not right. So no more lazy days until I get them fixed.

All the dental work is now completed and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Admiral on Thursday. Callisto is getting hauled out next week to have her bum painted and some other maintenance work done.
here is a photo of Sydney and new baby Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.