I know that this post is a long time coming and I note that the last time I entered anything here was November 6, 2016! Mea Culpa.
Much has happened since then.
As were most people, we were extremely surprised to wake up to the unexpected news on November 8, of Mr. Trump's victory in the presidential election. No political comments from me, favouring either side but these certainly are going to be interesting times.
We have moved apartments! From one down town condo to another about 300 metres down the road. We now have much nicer views and about 30% more living space but it's been a lot of work, moving and getting the new place habitable. Considerable progress has been made but there is still much to do.
On a positive note, I can still sit here typing this note with glorious 180 degree views of San Diego Bay, Pt. Loma, Coronado Island and the airport and we hope that this will remain so, for many years to come.
The increased living space has allowed us to have lots of guests over the holidays and a gigantic tree.
Four of the five offspring have graced us with their presence and a fun time was had by all.
The weather has been mostly good, especially compared to the rest of the country and northern Europe.
The Admiral and I have decided that we are going to swallow the hook and quit our long term cruising plans. Our health is good, and the boat is fine and we thought we might have wanted to spend another 2 seasons cruising the Med and the Adriatic Seas but the decision has been made to sell Callisto and get back to living on dirt on a full time basis.
Our son James is getting married in April on the east coast and we look forward to that.
Tomorrow, I leave for Portugal to get Callisto in shape for her final trans-Atlantic crossing with me at the helm. There isn't much to do, other than put the head sails back on, check out the systems and get the sat phone working, so if the weather looks favourable we may be off to the Caribbean via the Canaries as early as the weekend.
The Admiral flies to London on Thursday to be with her ailing Dad and the rest of the family, while I make the trip across the Atlantic.
I promise to be more forthcoming with posts of the upcoming cruise.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.