Friday, March 5, 2010

Quepos, Costa Rica

I just got off the sat phone with my newest, best friend, one Roberto Gutierrez from Volvo in San Jose who casually informed me that the parts we have been impatiently waiting for will be delayed until next Wedesday. I don't think there will be any chance of any service before then. So it looks like another few days in this very rolly anchorage as I have very little option at this point.
We have been getting supplies in and once we get to Golfito we can do the tranmission work and get going within a few days. One bit of good news is that the new batteries I ordered from the US have arrived in Golfito, so we have to go down there to get them, otherwise, I guess we could have left from here.
My friend Roberto also sent an invoice. The labor and service charges are quite fair but the price of Volvo parts for this job will make a grown man cry.
Ah the joys of cruising, it can only get better, I think.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.