The next morning we again swung at anchor and found the entire anchor, chain and shackles missing with the eye in the rope rode intact. All shackles were super tight when we set the anchor so we were most surprised. Ron dove on the area for 2 hours and I even hired a diver to look for it and he was unable to find it either. We suspect that it was stolen and we think we know who did it but there isn't much I can do about it without proof. Anyway, the day was about wasted and yesterday, I bought an 18 pound Danforth knock off and some chain in a local hardware store. A poor substitute but will have to do for now. We then moved our position further into the anchorage as the rally boats have mostly left and there is more room.
It's much better in here with almost no surge.
We went to the Charles Darwin Researth Center and saw the famous Giant Tortoises, Land iguanas and various other flora and fauna.
Today's activities will include repairing a seal on the sea water pump which has decided to spring a leak, trying to find some diesel fuel at a reasonable price and taking a hike to see some more creatures in their natural habitat.
Land Iguana
Today's activities will include repairing a seal on the sea water pump which has decided to spring a leak, trying to find some diesel fuel at a reasonable price and taking a hike to see some more creatures in their natural habitat.
So, I showed my little 6th graders (an edited version of) your blog. They really liked the giant tortoises! One kid raised his hand and said, "Ms. Last, I hate to say it, but your Dad seems much cooler than you!"
ReplyDelete