In case any of you are wondering where Quepos is. Here is the locationIt's a nice clear morning in beautiful,downtown Quepos today and I have had a change in attitude. Not much point in being angry and irritable due to the non-service from Volvo and it's time to enjoy the surroundings and go with the flow. After all, we could be butt deep in snow like the US northeast or freezing in Europe. Also, Medicare didn't cut my fees by 22% because there haven't been any, so no more whining.
Mi amigo Roberto from Volvo will get here when he does, hopefully on Wednesday.
There is plenty to do. Fiberglass and stainless steel always need polishing and even though I'm not too keen on that particular endeavor, now is a good opportunity to get it done. Rust and oxidation never sleep.
I'm also going to get all the books and programs on celestial navigation and the trusty sextant out and attempt to relearn this arcane process. I can feel the headache coming on already but it will be a worthy effort.
No other disasters to report except that the pump that supplies seawater to the refrigeration condensers decided to go tango/uniform yesterday and leak all over the engine room. I doubt that this was related to the lightening strike, just nearly three years of continuous service.
Fortunately, I noticed it wasn't working before the freezer defrosted and ruined the contents therein. I have two spare pumps, so switching it out was quite simple. My batteries are getting worse and worse and I have to run the genset quite frequently to keep them happy.
The sooner I get to replace them the better.
Ron will join us in Quepos on Tuesday and we hope to meet Van and Marsha in Golfito on Thursday. Roberto permitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.